The market for gaming keyboards is getting better every day. You can now find a variety of quality keyboards for gamers at reasonable prices. A good gaming keyboard also has the feature of being adjustable. This is very important because it allows you to customize the keyboard to fit your gaming needs and preferences. Vertical keyboards can have a variety of features. For example, there are some gaming keyboards that come with backlit keys. This is very useful because you can now even use the keyboard in the dark. Other features you may want to look for include anti-ghosting technology, key rollover, and macro key. In this article, we will discuss the best mechanical gaming keyboard under 100 dollars.
At a Glance:
Gaming keyboards are cheap, but they aren’t worth their price. They tend to break quickly, have lower quality switches, or maybe don’t have enough features to satisfy your needs. When you need a gaming keyboard, you should be looking at mechanical keyboards, not cheap plastic ones. “Mechanical” means that the keys have no electrical connection, which means they have to be pressed just as hard as the keyboard can, which makes the keys much harder than the plastic keyboards.
Here is the list of 7 Best Gaming Keyboard under 100 Dollars.
- Recommendations about the Best Gaming Keyboard under 100 Dollars
- SteelSeries Apex 5 – Best RGB Keyboard under 100$
- Corsair K55 RGB PRO XT – Best Gaming Keyboard under 100$
- Logitech G413 – Cheap Backlit Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- Corsair K63 – Wireless Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- Razer Cynosa V2 Gaming Keyboard
- AUKEY KMG12 – Cheap Best Gaming Keyboard under 50$
- Logitech G613 – Wireless Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- Razer Blackwidow Lite – Simple But Powerful Mechanical Keyboard
- Quick Shopping Tips
- Frequently Asked Questions
Recommendations about the Best Gaming Keyboard under 100 Dollars
SteelSeries Apex 5 – Best RGB Keyboard under 100$
The SteelSeries Apex 5 features a vibrant RGB LED illumination. The keycaps have been redesigned to enhance the experience. Every key on the keyboard is programmable, and the highly responsive mechanical switches deliver an exceptional gaming experience. The new OLED display provides an optimized visual experience. The new SteelSeries Engine software delivers an intuitive and dynamic gaming experience. This keyboard is included in top gaming keyboards under 100 dollars because of its sleek, lightweight aluminum alloy frame that is designed with a durable finish that will stand up to years of wear and tear.
The MX Brown switch offers a tactile, soft-touch typing experience with an audible click. The keystrokes are more comfortable and less loud than the louder Cherry MX switches and this is one of the best silent gaming keyboards. The Cherry MX Blue switch has double the tactility of the Cherry MX Brown switch. This is one of the best gaming mechanical keyboards for under 100 dollars.
In an office environment, the keys are noisy and may distract others around you, but it shouldn’t be a problem if you use this keyboard at home. Thanks to its solid design, it comes with a wrist rest that’s ergonomically sound. Generally, we found this to be a very good keyboard, one of the best mechanical keyboards under 100 dollars we have tested.
Amazon Product Description
- Built with aircraft-grade aluminum alloys – Manufactured to be exceptionally durable and strong.Beautiful color schemes and reactive effects for each key – Dynamic RGB illumination per key.
- Full palm support and comfort with the magnetic wrist rest.
- Dimensions: 900 x 300 x 4 mm; 35.43 inches x 11.81 inches.
- Reasonable price
- Smart multimedia key
- Membrane/mechanical hybrid
Corsair K55 RGB PRO XT – Best Gaming Keyboard under 100$
The Corsair K55 RGB PRO XT offers the ultimate for performance and comfort. The keyboard’s backlight is based on a set of 16.8 million color options, allowing you to choose a distinctive hue for each key. You can also adjust the brightness of each color channel independently, allowing you to create custom lighting effects for every key. The RGB lighting effects can be adjusted using the Corsair iCUE software, a simple and intuitive configuration utility that allows for fine-grained control over the colors. This keyboard is one of the best RGB keyboard under 100 dollars.
A dedicated Windows Key lock button prevents accidental Windows and contextual menu key presses, ensuring you’ll never interrupt your game at critical moments. The backlighting on this keyboard is impressive, but it’s the software that really makes the Corsair Strafe FPS a standout. It’s a simple and intuitive utility that allows you to manipulate the 16.8 million colors with a number of pre-set and custom lighting effects.
Unfortunately, the typing quality of this keyboard is average. However, the ABS keycaps are slippery and wobbly, which may cause some accidental key presses, even if gaming is your only use. Its keys are very quiet, so you shouldn’t disturb others around you if you’re using it in an open-office setting. Under a $100 budget, this is the best gaming keyboard.
Amazon Product Description
- Choose from ten onboard lighting effects when lighting up your computer’s desktop or create your own lighting effects with CORSAIR iCUE software to make your computer’s desktop very vibrant.
- It is possible to activate functions, shortcuts, or key presses with the iCUE software of Corsair or the Stream Deck software of Elgato with just a few clicks.
- The IP42-rated dust and spill resistance on this gaming laptop ensures that your gaming sessions will not be interrupted by dust or spills.
- Soft rubber detachable palm rests prevent your hands from slipping and reduce the pressure on your hands, so you can play for longer periods of time.
- Macro recording onboard
- with fantastic media controls
- Customization options for lighting and effects
- There isn’t much comfort in using the wrist rest
- Plastic body
Logitech G413 – Cheap Backlit Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
The Logitech G413 is a high-performance mechanical gaming keyboard with full-function keys to quickly access all the options you need while gaming. A durable brushed aluminum alloy top case adds a premium look and feels to the overall keyboard. The Romer-G mechanical switch is purpose-built for pro-grade performance, responsiveness, and durability. The G413’s full function keys can be programmed to any of the available Logitech Gaming Software commands.
As a gaming keyboard, the Logitech G413 Carbon emphasizes key feel and performance instead of flashy lighting schemes and more buttons. Featuring an aluminum top case that has a polished finish, Logitech G413 is a simple and elegant gaming keyboard.
The bad thing about this keyboard is there is no way to set a macro for any other key than one of the function keys. It does not have onboard memory, but you are able to save your settings using Logitech’s G HUB cloud sync function. Overall, this is the most affordable keyboard in this price range.
Amazon Product Description
- Romer-G’s mechanical switch offers pro-level performance, responsiveness, and durability.
- It also provides an extremely precise and clean illumination due to its Romer-G keycap design.
- There is an additional USB cable that connects the USB pass-through port to its own input so that 100% data and power can be transmitted through it.
- The Function (FN) keys can be used to control the volume, play and pause, skip tracks and mutes, to name a few.
- Mechanics switches
- support USB 2.0 pass-through
- A refined, sophisticated design
- Backlighting on keyboard cannot be customized
- Needs two USB ports on pc
Corsair K63 – Wireless Mechanical Gaming KeyboardBest Pick
A compact and portable wireless keyboard that takes your gaming to the next level. The Corsair K63 Wireless Mechanical Gaming Keyboard is built for speed with the Cherry MX Red mechanical key switches, which deliver up to 50 million keystrokes effortlessly. Its ultra-fast 2.4GHz wireless technology connects without delays or dropouts, even with heavy use. A comfortable typing experience with a full keyless design. A 15-hour rechargeable battery gives you up to two weeks of professional-grade wireless performance.
This keyboard is a great way to improve your gaming and make your gaming easier. It has a very simple design, and you can easily adjust the lighting too. One of the most important things about this keyboard is that it’s compatible with any PC or Mac. You can also connect this keyboard to your PS4. This allows you to use it on your console. You can also connect this keyboard to your laptop or desktop PC in order to use it there. Therefore, if you’re looking for a wireless gaming keyboard, this is the best one to buy.
Although the backlighting is limited to just one color, at least all keys are individually lit, and the brightness can be controlled directly from the board. A plastic frame makes the build feel cheap and the build quality is only decent. This gaming keyboard is an excellent choice if you’re looking for a wireless keyboard under $100.
Amazon Product Description
- Gaming-optimized 2.4GHz wireless technology that delivers ultra-fast response time of 1ms.
- There is a blue LED backlight on each key and large font keycaps provide additional light effects.
- You can keep your personal data safe by encrypting your keystrokes with 128-bit AES encryption mode, ensuring that wireless eavesdroppers cannot eavesdrop on your keystrokes.
- Cherry MX Red Switches
- CUE / LED Controller
- Dedicated Media Keys
- Good size
- No color options
Razer Cynosa V2 Gaming KeyboardBudget Pick
It’s a good keyboard of the best-selling Razer Cynosa V2 series. This new gaming keyboard is designed for gaming enthusiasts who prefer keyboard form and function over bells and whistles. This keyboard is ideal for gamers who prefer a keyboard with fewer features but more durability and performance. This fully programmable keyboard features an 80 million click, full-color illuminated keypad with 10 backlit keys and 2 macro keys. Customize your game settings with customizable lighting and macros. Designed to withstand an accidental warranty of 2 years. The compact form factor is ideal for gamers on the go. The durable design of the keyboard withstands accidental drops and spills.
This keyboard is a great choice for gamers on a budget. It’s a basic keyboard that is fully programmable and will be ideal for gamers who want a keyboard with fewer features but more durable durability and performance. It features an 80 million clicks, full-color illuminated keypad with 10 backlit keys and 2 macro keys.
With a price of $60, the build and features are definitely amazing. Despite being made of solid plastic, it feels quite hard. Some keys make an occasional noise, though this was only evident on larger keys (those with metal for balance) and depended on where you press the key.
Amazon Product Description
- Key rollover anti-ghosting allows the keyboard to execute up to ten commands at once.
- Razer Chroma brings you the best gaming immersion – syncs with popular games, Razer hardware, Philips Hue, and gear from over 30 partners; 16.8 million colors on individually backlit keys.
- Builds to withstand most accidental liquid spills with its spill-resistant design.
- Macros can be programmed.
- Robust RGB lighting
- Profiles and Game Mode
- Reasonable price
- Heavy weight
- Many membrane keys
AUKEY KMG12 – Cheap Best Gaming Keyboard under 50$
Incredibly responsive and accurate, the RBG Aukey KMG12 keyboard is designed to provide a reliable computing experience and it is included in the list of best gaming keyboards under 100 dollars. The RGB backlight ensures you can easily find your keys in the dark. Advanced anti-ghosting technology is able to register up to 104 quick-response keys with a single press, for incredible speed and accuracy. The audible “click” sounds provide satisfying feedback for every keypress, which makes typing more pleasant and easier. This lightweight keyboard uses advanced anti-ghosting technology.
This keyboard is extremely lightweight and compact, without sacrificing the full functionality of a full-size keyboard. The keys are large enough to make typing easy but small enough to fit in a backpack or briefcase. The tactile feedback and audible click of each keystroke are satisfying, which makes typing more pleasant and easier.
The Aukey KM-G12 is a solidly built device that provides above-average performance for the price. The market for mechanical keyboards in this price range is very limited when it comes to full-sized, RGB keyboards. The keyboard is worth a serious look if you like loud, clicky switches and are willing to tolerate some sloppy software. This keyboard is best for those users who are searching for the best gaming keyboard under 50$ and also looking for best cheap gaming keyboard.
Unfortunately, this product is not available on Amazon right now but you can buy this keyboard from Aukey’s own website.
- Great overall build quality
- Comfortable low profile keys
- Can’t disable or change sidelights
Logitech G613 – Wireless Mechanical Gaming KeyboardStaff Pick
The Logitech G613 is the best gaming keyboard under 75 dollars. The Logitech G613 makes a stylish addition to any gamer’s arsenal. This wireless gaming keyboard keeps everything in its place so there are no messy wires to manage. A vast range of programmable keys means you can put your own spin on games with ease. This wireless design also means that there’s no lag in gameplay response times. The durable mechanical keyboard can last through years of gaming without needing to be replaced. Control your in-game commands with a single, steady hand with the G613.
This keyboard is perfect for gamers who want a high-quality keyboard without having to spend too much because this is the best gaming keyboard for under 100 dollars. This mechanical gaming keyboard comes with an aluminum top cover. There are also dedicated media keys that let you control your music or videos without taking your hands off the keyboard. The keys are backlit and the entire keyboard is wireless, which makes it easy to use anywhere. This keyboard can also be used with laptops. You can read the article related to a best budget laptop for photoshop here.
The Logitech G613 has excellent compatibility. A few alphanumerical keys are incompatible with Apple operating systems, but most work on all other platforms. Linux and Android work with every key, but there is no software that allows you to customize the keyboard. This keyboard is best for those gamers who want to enjoy a good gaming keyboard on a low budget, well this keyboard is also the best mechanical keyboard under 75 dollars.
Amazon Product Description
- It features a super-fast wireless technology with a response time of just one millisecond.
- It has all the features of Romer G mechanical switches in terms of quiet, accurate mechanical performance, as well as a lifespan of around 70 million clicks, so it is known for its excellent feel and durability.
- It offers you the ability to program your own macro sequences and in app commands with six programmable G keys.
- Logitech Gaming Software is easy to use
- Offers great wireless functionality
- Both for productivity and gaming
- With a non-removable wrist rest
- No backlighting
Razer Blackwidow Lite – Simple But Powerful Mechanical Keyboard
The Razer Blackwidow Lite is perfect for gamers who travel a lot or those who have a smaller budget. The Blackwidow lacks some features that a full-featured keyboard offers, such as media keys and RGB lighting, but it is a perfect Blackwidow. The Razer orange switches give you a superb feel and feedback without producing much noise.
The cable is removable, and Razer even includes a bag of O rings to make the switches even quieter if you wish. The keyboard is very thin and light. It’s also plug-and-play. The Razer Blackwidow Lite is perfect for traveling gamers or those of you on a budget. With the Blackwidow, Razer has created a great budget gaming keyboard.
This keyboard is perfect for gamers and those who are budget-conscious. The thin, light body gives you a great feel and allows you to easily carry the keyboard around. It’s also plug-and-play, which means that there are no drivers or software to install. The orange switches give you a great feel and feedback without producing much noise. This is one of the best gaming keyboard under 100 dollars.
Amazon Product Description
- With the O Ring Sound Dampener, key noise, travel distance, and typing fatigue are further reduced.
- With individually backlit keys, you have a full level of control over the brightness of the white LED lights,which is beyond what you have on zone-lit keyboards.
- Fully programmable macro support.
- Good mechanical switches
- Lightweight and comfortable
- Rubber O-rings make the switches very quiet
- Compared to Cherry MX switches, they don’t feel as nice
- No wrist rest included
Quick Shopping Tips
You don’t want to buy the first gaming keyboard you see when you’re shopping. In order to get the best option for you, you need to put some thought into what you are buying. Here are a few things that you should consider when you are purchasing a gaming keyboard.
Any purchase you make is always influenced by your budget. A mechanical keyboard will cost you a bit of money, so you should save up. There’s nothing wrong with buying a cheap mechanical keyboard from a no-name brand, but their durability cannot be guaranteed. It will cost around $80 to $130 to buy a mechanical keyboard of better quality.
Red and blue keyboards are often mentioned. Colors have more to do with than just aesthetics. Red and Blue keys were developed by a company named Cherry, which for many years was the industry standard for keyboards. Different colored keyboards produce different types of click sounds and feel and are named by the color of the stem at the center.
Following your thorough examination of the functions and mechanisms of your keyboard, you may also want to inspect its appearance, since it will be displayed. Therefore, you would not want anything that attracts too much attention. A simple LED keyboard can give you an elegant appearance and feel.
After discussing the mechanism, we can now turn our attention to the keyboard layout. Also, you should know what the keys on your keyboard can do and how many keys are on the keyboard. The average keyboard has between 88 and 101 keys. The number may be included in some keyboards, but not in others. Depending on your needs, you can purchase the keyboards.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is RGB illumination so popular?
Gamers love RGB lighting for a few reasons. First of all, it looks cool and adds to the atmosphere when you’re playing. Second, most gamers prefer dimmer lighting, in order to enhance their vision of the screen and for ambiance. The RGB lighting enhances the visibility of the keys, making it easier for gamers to see what they are doing.
What is a 100% keyboard?
Full-size keyboards are also known as 100% keyboards.
Are 60% keyboards good for gaming?
60% keyboards are much easier to pack in a backpack and take to your next LAN, which is great for gamers on the go.
A gaming keyboard can be a great asset for any gamer. However, choosing the best gaming keyboard can be difficult when you don’t know what to look for. Depending on what you like or need, different features and types of keyboards can assist or hinder you. It is important to consider how and when you will use the keyboard most, and whether they feel, look, or sound is most important to you.