So you just got your Xbox One and now you’re looking for a monitor to plug it into. But the problem is, most monitors are too big, bulky or expensive for what you need them for. Luckily there’s an easy solution: use your laptop as the monitor! Here’s how to get started with this simple project. I tried many methods but all of them failed to work until I came across this one. This is the simplest and most effective way of How to Use Laptop as Monitor for Xbox One.
How to Connect Xbox One to Laptop with HDMI:
In order for your laptop to connect to the Xbox One, it must be equipped with an HDMI interface and an HDMI cable. Throughout this process, you will need to connect your Xbox One to your laptop by using an HDMI cable.
You can try using a monitor stand or an adapter but I don’t recommend them as they’re more expensive, less practical, harder to find (if not impossible) than just getting a laptop with an HDMI port installed.
HDMI ports are very difficult to find on most laptops, and those that are available are very expensive. It may be because laptops are built for mobility and having no HDMI port means you can carry around your laptop more easily and comfortably, but it doesn’t mean you won’t be able to use your laptop as a monitor for Xbox one anymore!
We can use the second monitor option in Windows to connect our laptop with Xbox One, in which we will set our laptop as our secondary monitor. This means any content displayed on the larger monitor (Xbox) will also show up on our small computer screen.
Follow these Steps to Connect Your Laptop to Xbox One:
– Connect your laptop monitor with the HDMI cable to one of the available ports on back of your desktop.
– Make sure that you have a compatible input (HDMI) and output (TV/Monitor).
– Press function key “fn” and F11 at the same time, this will enable second screen for laptop.
– The monitor should now work as the secondary display for Xbox One, and you can use it to enjoy games or watch movies on a wider screen!
Stream Xbox One On your Laptop Using Xbox App:
– Open the Xbox app on your PC and select Connect from the left panel, then press Next. You will see an option Add A Display in the pop up window, click that button.
– In next screen find the TV or monitor you want to use and click on it.
– Next, you will be prompted to connect your Xbox One console with the laptop monitor wirelessly or wired using an Ethernet cable. Click Connect and that’s it!
You couldn’t connect your laptop to your Xbox before the Xbox app came out, unless you had an HDMI input on your laptop itself.
Since the Xbox app came out, you can connect and stream any game from your PC to a monitor or TV connected to your console wirelessly!
How do you stream the game through the Xbox app?
You must first enable game streaming on your Xbox One before you can use the Xbox app to connect to your laptop. This option can be found in the Xbox Connections section of the Settings menu. Next, do the following on your laptop:
- Select “Connection” from the left sidebar with the Xbox app open on your laptop.
- Select the console you want from the list of available Xbox consoles that appears within the Xbox app on the home network.
- Now you can start any game on your Xbox via the Xbox app since the connection has been established. Click on “Stream”.
I hope you guys liked my article on How to Use Laptop as Monitor for Xbox One. It is the easiest method of connecting the Xbox One to the laptop screen. You can easily connect your Xbox One to a laptop screen with this method. You can also read the article about 5 Budget Laptops for Photoshop here.